Thursday 28 August 2008

Drinks, Driving and a Darling 'new' Teeshirt...

I've had a week of being down-in-the-dumps and staying in, missing people, post finishing at the Summer School, and have just started being sociable again! Leaving behind the cat and Murder She Wrote...


None of my home friends are being particularly approachable at the mo (comes from spending the first 2.5 months of the summer away or working 24/7...) and my 'rents, who were supposed to be away on holiday, but for various reasons aren't and have been underfoot, have been driving me INSANE!!!


So, I got out. Dinner and quite a few cocktails with my workmate La on Tuesday (outfit post will eventually surface... along with the full story), and yesterday, I went to the pub with another workmate... We had a brilliant time - him drinking two small glasses of red wine (classy ;p), me on one cider and then lime and soda as I was driving.


Anyway, I wore the following outfit:

- Acne Hex Royal Grey Jeans (new pair I got on sale at their website to replace my old faithful, but falling apart and a tad too big, slightly darker grey pair I've had for YEARS), two tone converse (denim blue and shell/salmon pink tabs from office) and massively oversized print tee I bought for Є1 at a rag-stall in the market by the Capella Medici in Florence... The tee was to be tucked in and the (almost down to my elbows) sleeves rolled.

Post-sedate-pubbage, I agreed (after much persuading) to let my (graduate) mate, who has never learnt to drive, have a first 'driving lesson' a la moi down one of the private roads around the school we live in... It was hilarious! I don't think my little Clio will ever forgive me, but a little bit of clutch abuse was worth the obvious enjoyment he got out of it... I was hanging onto my seat in paranoia, but it was a great laugh. He didn't once crash into anything!!! Hehe. We did 1st and 2nd gear and speed bumps. Not too bad for a first timer eh! Regardless to say, it was approaching midnight, so we thought a longer lesson would have to wait for another time...

No comments: