Monday 16 March 2009

Apologies and a bit of Miu Miu

Having been ill for a few days, I've not been blogging... Sorry! Especially as everyone's been leaving such lovely comments about the photoshoots!

Afraid I'm going to have to leave you all in suspense a little longer as I'm off on a trip to Canterbury, and I am pretty sure that the internet access leaves A LOT to be desired. So I shall hopefully be back on Friday.

I've lost my photographer for a few weeks but will endeavour to provide some pleasant diversions until T-B and his camera are back ;-D

Before I go, however I've got a couple of catwalk insights... I've been a bit behind since LFW, but thought I'd have a peek at Miu Miu today, and have to admit, the clothes brought revulsion and magpie tendencies out by turns...

The first few outfits are... being polite here... odd. Some are completely unflattering even to a model's body (goodness knows what they'd be like on, say, a size 8 or 10 or, god help us, 12 ;-D)

Then we have - lets just stick a piece of fur across the body... Now I'm coming around to fur in some contexts - visually at least, though I don't know if I could wear it myself, but this makes my stomach turn... And this pic wasn't the worst.
I came around to it slightly when 1) Raquel Zimmerman walked (I think she's my favourite model...) and 2) the colours were slightly less dead-and-buried...

Then came some outfits I did rather like... The long but sheer skirts are divine. The layers looks stiff and oh so inviting in a "please scrumple me" way. (Oh I do so love the word "scrumple" :-D)
Aren't these colours yummy? Burgundy and sky blue... SWEET!!!
LOVE the shoes... These may be first on my Fall09 wishlist... YUM!
Loving that rise of colour in the top... I can't really wear sheer myself, but the way the colours are mixed along with textures in this outfit is rather kwl.
Again, yum yum on the colour front. Not quite sure I'm kwl enough to do the burgundy+black+sparkles thing, but you never know! ;-)

Right, I'm being told off for not being in bed recouperating...

Night all!

Xxxc

11 comments:

Alice X said...

i quite liked miu miu, it was very luxe and sexy in a sublt way, the strucutre was soo interesting to look at as well.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

La Mimi said...

Oh...I hope you get well soon lovely! and have a safe trip :)

xoxo
Mimi

http://style.la-mimi.com

a fashionable crime said...

I will always love miu miu, amazing shoes.
Im loving the new yellow vibe, its such a happy colour :)
Rachelle
http://thelyricstomyheart.blogspot.com/
(Used to be CherryChapstick)

Lily said...

Yeah I'm not at all a fan of that collection. It almost seems really lazy... like "shit... I have to pad out this collection a bit... I know! I'll whack a bit of fur on string and that can do for a top!"
Boorrrrriiinnnnggg!

Narumi said...

I love the shoes in this cat walk but I'm not fond of the clothes ! Oh and in the previous post, your outfit was great, I love all the colors & the polka dot skirt!
Enjoy your trip :)

Rajesh Kumar Badam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beauty Standard Blog said...

The color palette is so rich for F/W, i love it. The pattern on the skirts looks incredible!

Mary said...

Have a great trip! I'm jealous!
I love all the burgundy popping up lately, especially with the sky blue and gold!

Joni Andrea said...

Hmm you are right.. I prefer the Prada collection over Miu Miu's... Thanks for the comments too! Have a great trip! :)

Joni
http://limebasil.blogspot.com

DaisyChain said...

have a good trip x

Alena said...

lovely ^^