Saturday 25 April 2009

Popping in...

I had planned to post a tag-catch-up before now, but that's on the back burner 'til I can find my camera in the mess that is my room... 

Anyway, I was having a quick escape from dissertation pain to play on LookBook - my favourite of the Chictopia / Modepass etc type of site... And since my brain is too dead to do anything other than say... "I like." "Pretty." "Want dress." etc - in manner akin to Me Tarzan, You Jane / McQueen dress / Louboutin heels / vintage scarf etc, here is a quick stream of images that have made me smile and feel a tiny jolt of inspiration through my otherwise dead-brain:

- Can I please *be* this girl? She's so cute! And that skirt is calling out to me!

- Not exactly my style, but she looks so great, I'd think about rocking it... LOOK AT THOSE SHOES!!!
- Adorable yet naughty with those tights! Love the skinny belt over denim shirt... Wish I could ever find ones long enough to do that without revealing my arse to the world lol.

- LOVE this! Illustration as well as cute pic! Those tights are adorable, and I so want to read a kids book drawn like that... Now. Please. Thank you.
- Looks like such fun! I miss fun. I also NEED those shorts... I'm a sucker for red at the moment!

So there you have it... I popped in... Splurged my tiny little bit of current inspiration... Now I should go drink more red bull, and try to kick my brain into gear over my dissertation case studies... 

61.5 hours 'til IT'S ALL OVER! This makes me want to cry and laugh hysterically at the same time! ;-D Can't wait for the freedom to lie around on the backs, reading Murakami / Dante / Golding, procrastinating from revision, and laughing at my mates looking like complete idiots playing frisbee / croquet / strange made-up games that make no sense...

Xxxc

P.s. I'm trying to keep up with my Google Reader, but am epically behind on comments... Please forgive me, and I promise I'll be back and replying and generally being my usual hyperactive-blogging self! Honest!

P.p.s. Say hello on twitter! I'm constantly updating at the mo. Keeps me a tiny bit sane...

45 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

love your picks here!! that denim shirt with skinny belt is such a great look, if on,y my legs are 3 inches longer, ok i'll settle for 2 inches :)

xx

Rain said...

First girl is really pretty! Love her girly nostalgic look.

Megs and Tay said...

great blog... i just.. literally.. 5 mins ago.. commented on her picture! (top girl) she's so cute yes!! and isn;t that flea market place looking wonderful!

EN VANITÉ said...

i loved that lookbook look too :)

Lulu said...

the illustration is adorable!!
loving the post :)

Suzanne said...

lovely inspiration!!

Doshii said...

Oh my love the tights!!

and thank you for dropping by my blog :D:D

it made my day

Lindsay said...

Glad you got a moment to relax! Thanks for the link to the website, I'd never seen it before.

:o)

Louise said...

If you can't find a denim shirt that you can wear like that I know that H&M have a pale denim dress in at the moment, denim dress sounds absolutely awful, but this one is so cute! It's got a little peter-pan style collar, and nips in at the waist, it's just gorgeous :).

xoxo

paanie said...

what fun and varied inspiration. i can see all of the reasons why you chose this selection.

DaisyChain said...

hang on in there sweet, it's almost over!

yoli said...

I love those outfits!

Clara Campelo said...

perfect pics!!

Claudia said...

I love lookbook

Marina, Chloé et Andy said...

love all the outfits...

XXX

Love from Barcelona.

Hasta la vista, Mademoiselle.

Human Racing said...

I like perusingaround lookbook as well. I like the first girl's outfit a lot.

Unknown said...

i love all the looks you have picked here.
there are just such stylish people on lookbook.
i love it.

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

I really like that shirt too!

Very nice blog, which I've only just discovered!

C.Elizabeth

Beauty Standard Blog said...

sometimes my brain is so dead i can't coordinate to write anything else than once sentence comments!
i'm loving these pictures, really inspirational. they all look so great in their own ways and styles. the one with the illustration is great, it looks exactly like her!

Wendy said...

I definitely go to lookbook for inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love all of this inspiration!! I also love that we get you see how different your sources of inspiration can be. I can totally picture you in variation of these style while making them you own.

Good luck with you final dissertation gorgeous!!!

xoxo
Stephanie
www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

erika sorocco said...

That girl in the first photo is wearing a gray boyfriend cardigan. I searched all over for a gray boyfriend cardigan yesterday, and turned up empty-handed. Maybe I could just borrow hers?

I'm following you on Twitter now. Twitter is my favorite!

yiqin; said...

Ah yes, I love the latex leggings & lace ones!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

There are some really adorable ladies on Lookbook...men too.

Anna said...

Ah again an amazing post (:

la petite fashionista said...

so crazy that fashion blogggers (normal people) are as much inspiration as models!:) i lov eit

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

beautiful pics!

S.Elisabeth said...

I keep seeing your name pop up all over the blogs I read, and the name was too cool sounding, so I had to pop by. I love these pics, and the illustration is too cute. Where ARE the books drawn like that?!
and good luck, just think it'll all be over soon.

Francheska L said...

2nd is awesomeeeeee ! My favoriteee out of all!! But the rest are rocking too!
And glad to see you "half-back"
now COME back! :)

lol 61.5 hours to go!
good luckkkkk

Winnie said...

My god you should see my google reader. I leave it for just a few days and I build up a mammoth list!

I love the LB picks. The illustrated girl is my favourite!

Murakami. I like you even more now!

Couture Carrie said...

So funny! CC likes. Must have dresses.

Love your selections, darling! And that illustration IS adorable!

xoxox,
CC

Becca Joy said...

You have a good eye for inspirational photos, keep on keeping on please!

Flashes of Style said...

These looks are so lovely! I really like the girly feel. The first one is my favorite :)

i.d. said...

I love the illustration-inspired outfit! x

La Mimi said...

Hey darling!:)
I'm reading all of your twitter updates..hehe...it's addicting , isn't it? I can't believe i'm getting sucked into it myself...lol
I love all the photos you shared...thx
Hope to see some photos from the fashion event:)
xoxo
Mimi
http://style.la-mimi.com

The Sydney Girl said...

love the pics u found. i know what u mean about feeling brain dead sometimes haha

thank you for your nice comment on my hair! :)

joelyne
xxx
www.thesydneygirl.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Marie said...

Love the inspiration! And I feel you about the red bull!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

i liked those first pics too :)

thanks for your comment :) please visit my blog again, i just posted the most awesome necklace made by leah sakellarides. it's a custom piece for macaroni club and SHE'S GIVING ONE AWAY on my blog this week! all you have to do to enter the giveaway is leave a comment and/or sign up to follow the blog!

Emz said...

Fantastic choices! I should check out lookbook at some point... I'm still totally stuck in the rut of shopping online nonstop even though I'm on a shopping ban. haha =) And yea... Tell me about one word sentences. Sometimes I'm just too tired to think of anything great to say

h said...

ohhh great pics and love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I love her skirt!

kadler said...

Haha, I generally think in Tarzan terms, so no judgement here!

I've also been on the hunt for a similar long denim shirt. I ended up finding a bright green non-denim one... not quite the same, but better than nothing.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

i love all of these! especially the first and 2nd to last!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I am so in love with the shoes in the second photo! I am completely obsessed with laces right now! If I could just get my hands on a pair of those Ann D lace up boots it would be utter bliss.

Jane said...

Cute girls! I love the 1st one too

Please click here to visit me at Vintage Tea!

x